Saturday, June 22, 2013

Justice (The Ferryman + The Flame #2) by Rhiannon Paille - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Justice
Author: Rhiannon Paille
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: 
How far would you go to destroy yourself?


Krishani always knew he would have to go to the Lands of Men, but he never thought it would be like this. Enemies everywhere, an ancestor he can't respect, elders he can't trust, a curse he can't stop and friends he can't help but hate. Desperate to end the pain, he sets out on a quest to find the other Flames and face the enemy that took everything from him.

Why?: I read the first book in the series, Surrender, as well as the short story, Lantern & Poison. I  wasn't a huge fan of the romance in the first book, but I loved the world and the cliffhanger ending pretty much demanded that I continue this series. Plus, it was available for a little while for free on the Kindle, which made it something I couldn't pass up!

Expectations: I expect this book to be a lot darker than the first one. Krishani is on a mission to avenge Kaliel, and wants to do something that will make the pain of losing her end. Since he's on a quest to face the enemy, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot more death and violence and a lot less romance than Surrender. I'm actually pretty excited to read it.

Judging a book by its cover: I'm kind of torn on this cover. It looks like something than an epic fantasy would have on the cover, but it's also not anything terribly special. At least I don't think so. I might pick this up if I saw it on a shelf somewhere, but probably not. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment