Sunday, November 23, 2014

This Night So Dark (Starbound #1.5) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner - Paul's Review

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: This Night So Dark (Starbound #1.5)

Author: Amy Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Year Published: 2014

These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) Pre reading
These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) Review

Synopsis: Don’t miss the breathtaking short story that connects the first two novels in the Starbound trilogy, These Broken Stars and This Shattered World. 

Tarver still has nightmares about the night, six months before the Icarus crash, when he rescued a group of civilian researchers being held hostage by brutal mercenaries. Now Tarver and Lilac must reconcile his memories of that fateful night with the truth that they uncovered on a mysterious planet after the Icarus crashed. 



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: I really enjoyed the world created in These Broken Stars. It was so much bigger than that story alone. I was captivated from the first chapter, set in a completely different location than the rest of the book. So when I saw there was a novella that took place within that world, I had to read it. 


I have yet to read This Shattered World, so I don't know how much of this novella is relevant to the story. It is supposed to be the bridge between the two books. I enjoyed the interludes between the chapters. The characters from the first book make their appearance there. 

This was a fun, little story. I'm sure I'll make connections when I read This Shattered World. I want to see more of this universe! More space adventures! Oh, and I also really enjoyed the casual mention of a same-sex attraction. I give this novella a 4/5. If you have read These Broken Stars and are looking to continue the series, definitely check out this novella. 


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment