Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Star Wars, Vol.10: The Escape (comic) -Paul's REVIEW


Star Wars, Vol. 10: The EscapeAmazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads


Title: 
Star Wars, Vol. 10: The Escape
Writer: Kieron Gillen
Artists: Andrea Broccardo, Angel Unzueta, & GURU-eFX
Release Date: April 9, 2019


Synopsis: The rebels are reeling and on the run. Scattered. Scared. Hope is dead. Darth Vader tightens his grip, mercilessly hunting the scattered band down with his most dangerous servants. They will not escape him this time. But for Luke, Leia, Han and the rest of the Alliance, the fight against the evil Galactic Empire continues. The heroes will need to turn to allies both old and new if they hope to ever turn the tide and save the Rebellion in its darkest hour. COLLECTING: STAR WARS 56-61



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This series is improving, I think. I liked volumes 9 and 10 way more than Volume 8. The art style I've disliked is still there and I found it pretty distracting when a memorable film scene's imagery was used exactly. It just takes me out of the story. 


Sana Starros is back with our main crew. And there might be a certain stormtrooper team from this ongoing series, too. Luke, Han, and Leia are on the search for Chewie and the Falcon while being pursued. There's a lot more personal stories between the main three in this issue and I really liked seeing that. It foreshadows the dynamic the three have in The Empire Strike Back. Especially Leia and Han.

Luke gets a romantic interest in the volume and it feels forced, boring, and cliche. But the character herself is pretty cool. I hope we see more of Clan Markona in the future. And the ship they fly off in looks pretty similar. 

I give this volume a 4/5. I liked the personal connections between the main three paired with fun original characters. I guess I'm going to continue reading this series.     


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment