Friday, August 9, 2019

The Chancellor and the Citadel by Maria Capelle Frantz (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Iron Circus Comics via Edelweiss. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

The Chancellor and the CitadelAmazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: 
The Chancellor and the Citadel
Author/Illustrator: Maria Capelle Frantz
Release Date: January 29, 2019


Synopsis: The world is over. All that remains is the Citadel, and the Chancellor who protects it from the hostility beyond its walls. But what can she do when a fearful and angry mob is convinced she brought the world to ruin in the first place, and are determined to make her pay for it by destroying the one bastion of hope the world has left?

In her dramatic, richly imagined graphic novel debut, cartoonist Maria Frantz has created a brisk fantasy tale about the fears that lead to war, and the bonds that can keep a stronghold standing against the darkness.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This middle grade graphic novel deals with some pretty cool concepts and plays with interesting moral quandaries. Pretty deep topics of morality and death. Although I was intrigued by the subject matter, I was confused for a majority of the book. I didn't quite understand exactly what was going on. 


I give this book a 3/5. Cool art and interesting concepts, but I could not follow the story. 


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment