Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Ophiuchus (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Image Comics via Edelweiss. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: 
Ophiuchus
Creators: Alexis Leriger de la Plante & Natasha Tara Petrovic
Recent Release Date: August 27, 2019


Synopsis: OPHIUCHUS follows the story of the lone sentry of an ancient, inactive gate, until one day, a strange being breaks through and infects her with a virus. Shortly after, she is approached by two machines, who implore her to follow them to the center of the universe to put an end to the virus, a malevolent being which rots all worlds.




------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This graphic novel has a very unique art style. The shapes and colors used really contribute to a totally fantastical world. The world is vast and the characters that inhabit it are original and unique. This was a quick read, but a  little info dumpy. I think there was a twist ending, but I'm not even sure. This book was pretty ambiguous at times unless I just wasn't paying enough attention.


I give this book a 3.5/5. It is definitely super original with stunning artwork, but I didn't quite follow the story fully and there was a lot of info dumping.


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment