Thursday, June 25, 2020

They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from HarperCollins via Edelweiss. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

Amazon.com: They Both Die at the End (9780062457790): Silvera ...Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: They Both Die at the End

Author: Adam Silvera
Release Date: September 15, 2017


Synopsis: On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They’re going to die today.

Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they’re both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There’s an app for that. It’s called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure—to live a lifetime in a single day.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: I've been trying to catch up on some older queer books this year for Pride. I read this a few months ago and find myself struggling with specifics (because 2020 and time has been very unusual), but I enjoyed this book sooooo much! I read it during a gay cruise and over the course of just a few days. 

This is such a great story. The concept is straight out of a Black Mirror episode, but the characters and story are wholly YA and queer. I love the moral and ethical quandaries brought up. What does it mean to live? What does it mean to die? What really matters in life?

I give this book a 5/5. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. Adam Silvera always delivers on unique concepts with so much heart.


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment