Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sisters Red



Title: Sisters Red
Author: Jackson Pearce
Year Published: 2010
Synopsis: 
For Scarlett and Rosie March, the world is not what it seems. Werewolves, called Fenris, live among them in the form of good-looking men who prey on pretty young girls. When a Fenris attacked the March girls, it killed their grandmother and left them emotionally and, for Scarlett, physically scarred. Since then, they have taken action and revenge. With the help of a friend, Silas, the girls are on a mission—to destroy as many Fenris as they can. This goal becomes more complicated when they try to unravel the mystery behind the pack and prevent the next "Potential" from transforming fully into a soulless, evil monster. 

Why?:
Although this will be my first Jackson Pearce novel, I have followed her on youtube for the past few months and she is hilarious! She is awesome on many levels, from taking circus classes to controlling an army of talking manatees. I just hope her humor translates well into her writing.
 
Expectations: I expect  to laugh. I also expect this to not be a lovey dovey YA romance. It is about werewolves, and this does worry me. I have not read any of the Twilight
 books or seen any of the movies. So much YA recently has turned into love triangles and it sounds like there is only one potential love interest from the synopsis, so hopefully the story will be filled with interesting well formed characters. I am also interested in how she will portray the sisterly bond. It seems like it will be a big part of this novel and I am an only child. Maybe Ashley will connect with that aspect more when she reads this. 


Judging a book by its cover: I really like the colors on the cover. There are three characters present: the two sisters and a werewolf. The black-haired sister is blended with the werewolf so maybe she becomes a werewolf, is killed by a werewolf, or falls in love with a werewolf. This is a book I would pick up and look at because of the bold colors. 


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment