Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Inferno (Robert Langdon #4) by Dan Brown - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Inferno
Author: Dan Brown
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: 
In his international blockbusters The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons, and The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown masterfully fused history, art, codes, and symbols. In this riveting new thriller, Brown returns to his element and has crafted his highest-stakes novel to date.


In the heart of Italy, Harvard professor of symbology Robert Langdon is drawn into a harrowing world centered on one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces ... Dante's Inferno.

Against this backdrop, Langdon battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. Drawing from Dante’s dark epic poem, Langdon races to find answers and decide whom to trust ... before the world is irrevocably altered.

Why?: I read the other Robert Langdon books and really enjoyed them. I loved how Dan Brown took ancient history and symbology and blended it with a story that was fast paced, gripping, and had me guessing at every turn. Although it's been a while since I read The Lost Symbol, I'm really interested as to where Robert's story will take him in reference to Dante's Inferno. 

Expectations: I expect this book to be very similar to the other three, only centered around a different piece of art and history. I'm sure there will be secrets and mysteries that only Langdon can solve, and probably a secret society or too. And a love interest, of course. 

Judging a book by its cover: This cover is really reminiscent of the other covers in the series. It kind of looks like something off of the History Channel, but I really like the color scheme. I might pick it up if I saw it on a shelf, but it's debatable. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment