Monday, August 19, 2013

The Prince (The Selection #0.5) by Kiera Cass - Paul's REVIEW

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Prince (The Selection #0.5)
Authors:  Kiera Cass
Year Published: 2013

Ashley's THE PRINCE Review
My THE SELECTION Review
Ashley's THE SELECTION Review

Synopsis: Before thirty-five girls were chosen to compete in the Selection . . .

Before Aspen broke America’s heart . . .

There was another girl in Prince Maxon’s life. . . .

Don’t miss this thrilling 64-page digital original novella set in the world of the New York Times bestselling novel The Selection. Also features a teaser to The Elite, Kiera Cass’s hotly anticipated sequel to The Selection.

Review: I am really growing to love novellas from different characters' perspectives. All the great YA out there has such interesting worlds and this way you get to experience the world through another set of eyes. In this novella, we get Maxon's perspective. 


This novella shows Maxon right before the Selection takes place and during the first few days of the girls moving in. I enjoyed the first chapters more than the later ones because it was completely new and not just a different angle of a scene I was familiar with. 

I thought it was nice to get to see how Maxon feels about his parents and their relationship. We also got to see more of the politics of the world. I want to know more about this world, so I really devoured every little detail. 

I read this before The Elite and I feel like it was refreshed the world and the story. I'm excited to read The Elite. I give this novella a 3/5 because I liked the first few chapters a lot more than the last, which just seemed like copies of scenes I already saw. 



-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment