Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury (The Governor Series #2) by Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury (The Governor Series #2)
Author: Robert Kirkman & Jay Bonansinga
Year Published: 2012

My The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor Review
My The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor Pre-Reading
My The Walking Dead: Compendium 1 Review

Synopsis: The first book explained how the Governor was created; this thrilling sequel to The New York Times bestseller further reveals his ruthless, inhuman conquest of Woodbury


The zombie plague unleashes its horrors on the suburbs of Atlanta without warning, pitting the living against the dead. Caught in the mass exodus, Lilly Caul struggles to survive in a series of ragtag encampments and improvised shelters. But the Walkers are multiplying. Dogged by their feral hunger for flesh and crippled by fear, Lilly relies on the protection of good Samaritans by seeking refuge in a walled-in town once known as Woodbury, Georgia.

At first, Woodbury seems like a perfect sanctuary. Squatters barter services for food, people have roofs over their heads, and the barricade expands, growing stronger every day. Best of all, a mysterious self-proclaimed leader named Philip Blake keeps the citizens in line. But Lilly begins to suspect that all is not as it seems. . . . Blake, who has recently begun to call himself The Governor, has disturbing ideas about law and order.

Ultimately, Lilly and a band of rebels open up a Pandora’s box of mayhem and destruction when they challenge The Governor’s reign . . . and the road to Woodbury becomes the highway to hell in this riveting follow-up to Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga's New York Times bestselling The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor.

Why?: I recently finished reading the first book in this series, Rise of the Governor and I have to know what happens next! I'm excited to see Woodbury from an outsider's perspective and learn more about The Governor through that. I really enjoy everything about this series, so I can't wait to learn more about Woodbury and Phillip Blake. 

Expectations: Since I enjoyed the first book so much, I have pretty high expectations for this book.  I do expect less of The Governor and more of Lilly Caul and her bunch, as well as more of the workings of Woodbury. After reading RIse of the Governor, I'm also expecting quite a few twists and turns that change everything I know about this world and the characters. 

Judging a book by its cover: I actually really like this cover. I like that you can't tell if the person is a person or a walker, and that everything is very dark except for "The Walking Dead." I would most likely pick this up if I saw it on a shelf somewhere! 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment