Saturday, April 5, 2014

Zombies. vs Unicorns by Holly Black & Justine Larbalestier - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Zombies vs. Unicorns
Edited by: Justine Larbalestier & Holly Black
Year Published: 2010

Synopsis: 
It's a question as old as time itself: which is better, the zombie or the unicorn? In this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier (unicorn and zombie, respectively), strong arguments are made for both sides in the form of short stories. Half of the stories portray the strengths--for good and evil--of unicorns and half show the good (and really, really bad-ass) side of zombies.


Contributors include many bestselling teen authors, including Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan. This anthology will have everyone asking: Team Zombie or Team Unicorn?

Why?: Well I actually picked this out as an audiobook because I was going to be driving for about as long as the CDs lasted. Also because who doesn't love a good zombie story? Or a good unicorn story? And I've read books from a lot of these authors and loved them, or have their books on my TBR list. Everything about this anthology is just calling my name!

Expectations: Since I love so many of these authors, I have pretty high expectations for this book. Lots of gore (probably) from Team Zombie and lots of rainbows and butterflies from Team Unicorn. Also a few stories that totally redefine zombies and unicorns as we think of them. I'm really excited about this anthology, and I hope it lives up to my expectations!

Judging a book by its cover: I kind of love that there is no title on this book, just pictures to show Zombies vs. Unicorns. I love the colors against the stark black background too. I think this book would definitely stand out on a shelf, especially since it's unlike any other cover out there. I would totally pick it up! 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment