Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Saban's Go Go Power Rangers, Vol. 3 (comic) [SHATTERED GRID] - Paul's REVIEW


Saban's Go Go Power Rangers, Vol. 3Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: 
Saban's Go Go Power Rangers, Vol. 3
Writer: Ryan Parrott
Artists: Dan Mora & Raul Angulo
Recent Release Date: April 23, 2019

Go Go Power Rangers Vol.1
Go Go Power Rangers Vol.2

Synopsis: Dealing with the fallout of Rita Repulsa’s abduction of Matthew, the Power Rangers are confronted with a dark specter from the future with a shocking connection to Lord Drakkon--ties into Shattered Grid!

CAN THE POWER PROTECT THEM?

The Power Rangers have just exhaled a sigh of relief after their friend Matthew narrowly escaped Rita’s clutches on the moon, but a new enemy has already emerged, one that will have the Rangers question every decision they’ve made so far. Tying into the critically acclaimed, bestselling Shattered Grid event, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers must confront the future to save the past as they face off against the mysterious Ranger Slayer.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: I'm FINALLY getting to read the Shattered Grid storyline! I've followed along on social media so I'm already somewhat familiar with what happens, but finally getting to see the Ranger Slayer in action with her Gravezord was epic!


This ongoing series focuses more on the teenagers with attitude's personal lives than their superhero actions. This volume keeps with that, but there's also plenty of action. Kim's parents' divorce is an ongoing story and I'm enjoying the focus it's getting compared to the few lines in the original tv series. Jason also has somethings going on at home. 

The zords in this volume are beautifully illustrated. The bright colors in this whole volume have me flipping back through the book after reading it. 

I loved getting to see more of the Coinless world. Bulk and some other known characters are featured. I really enjoyed the scenes between Coinless Bulk and Kim talking. There's also some great later cameos in the Coinless world that surprised me. 

One of my favorite things about this series is the Matthew story because I have no idea what to expect. The creative monsters and their names is also a favorite of mine. They always make me chuckle. 

I give this volume a 5/5. Both of these ongoing Power Rangers series are excellent. I'm so excited to read the conclusion of the Shattered Grid story next.  


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment