Friday, February 5, 2021

Raven, Vol. 1: Nemesis (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Europe Comics via NetGalley. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*





Amazon | Goodreads

Title: 
Raven, Vol. 1: Nemesis
Author/Illustrator:  Lauffray Mathieu 
Recent Release Date: December 16, 2020


Synopsis: Raven is a fearless young pirate as capable of legendary exploits as he is of epic fails. In this inaugural volume, he finds himself on the high Caribbean seas on a search for a treasure meant for the Governor of Tortuga. Allied with the dreadful Lady Darksee, whose hope is to gain royal pardon, the terrible Governor must act quickly. But the impetuous and talented Raven has grand plans to beat them to it…


------------------------------------------------------------



Review: This graphic novel is all PIRATES! It definitely has that Pirates of the Caribbean feel to it. This book was difficult for me to follow. I didn't really connect with any of it. There are too many characters. And too many storylines. That didn't connect in ways that interested me. The pirate-y-ness of this book is done in a pretty cliche way, I thought. Nothing seemed to be done in a new or interesting way.

This book didn't feel like it was written in modern times. It felt very old-timey to me. I give this book a 2/5. I didn't like it and won't be continuing with the series.

--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment