Monday, September 23, 2013

Hereafter (Hereafter #1) by Tara Hudson - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Hereafter
Author: Tara Hudson
Year Published: 2011

Synopsis: 
Can there truly be love after death?


Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.

Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.

Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won't want to miss.

Why?: I won the second book in this series in a contest on Twitter, so I figured I should probably read this one before I start that one. Also, ghost stories are really interesting to me, and this one sounds like it will be fun but mysterious. But definitely not as dark and gritty as some of the other ghost stories I've read recently.

Expectations: I expect a fun ghost story with mystery and secrets. Definitely a lot of romance too, which I hope isn't tacky or overdone. I've never read anything by Hudson before though, so I'm not sure what else to expect.

Judging a book by its cover: This cover doesn't really feel like anything special to me, although I do like the effect of the ghost in front of the water. It seems like a very typical YA cover, so I don't think I would pick it up based solely on the cover.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment