Thursday, January 12, 2017

Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson (audiobook) - Paul's REVIEW

AuroraAmazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads | Audible

Title: Aurora
Author: Kim Stanley Robinson
Year Published: 2015

Narrator: Ali Ahn
Audiobook Length: 16 hours 55 minutes

Synopsis: A major new novel from one of science fiction's most powerful voices, Aurora tells the incredible story of our first voyage beyond the solar system.

Brilliantly imagined and beautifully told, it is the work of a writer at the height of his powers.

Our voyage from Earth began generations ago.

Now we approach our new home. Aurora.


---------------------------------------------------------


Review: If you liked The Martian, I highly recommend Aurora. Science is at the forefront of this science-fiction novel. I liked that it wasn't just physics and engineering, too. There's a lot of population genetics and sociology. So much science goes into maintaining a generation ship, especially when things go wrong. 


There are a lot of great characters in this book, including the computer system. 

I listened to this book in audiobook format and I found it really interesting and when I got lost, it didn't take me too long to get back on track. 

I give this book a 4/5. If you're into hard science-fiction, this is a must-read. 

--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment