Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Aster of Pan (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Magnetic Press via NetGalley. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.



Title: Aster of Pan Vol.1
Author & Artist: Merwan
Release Date: February 16, 2021


Synopsis: The year is 2068. The place, Fontainebleau forest, ancient home of some of France’s mightiest monarchs on the outskirts of what was once Paris. The post-apocalyptic society of Pan survives by growing rice and scavenging among the ruins of a destroyed civilization. Their precarious existence comes under threat when the powerful, technologically advanced Federation of Fortuna forces them into a dangerous choice—submit to Fortuna’s rule, or try to best them in a barbaric, ritualized game known as Celestial Mechanics. Pan’s only hope? A hot-headed outcast they’d rejected for being “un-Pan”: a girl named Aster.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: It's 2068 and the world is very different. It's a post-apocalyptical world where a certain sport has become a ritual ceremony. I'd say this story is The Hunger Games meets dodgeball. The artwork is great with plenty of fun colors. This is a wacky cool concept, but I found myself bored while reading. The combination of military and sports just don't vibe with me well. 

I could absolutely see this graphic novel adapted into an action packed film. I give this book a 3/5.


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment