Saturday, August 9, 2014

Twisted (Pretty Little Liars #9) by Sara Shepard - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Twisted (Pretty Little Liars #9)
Author: Sara Shepard
Publication Date: July 5, 2011

Synopsis: It’s been a year since the torturous notes from A stopped and the mystery of Alison DiLaurentis’s disappearance was finally put to rest. Now seniors in high school, Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily are older, but they’re not any wiser. The pretty little liars have more secrets than ever - twisted secrets that could destroy the perfect lives they’ve worked so hard to rebuild. 


Aria’s jealous of her boyfriend’s new exchange student. Spencer’s getting a little too cozy with her soon-to-be-stepbrother. Hanna’s one scandalous photo away from ruining her dad’s Senate campaign. And Emily will do anything to get a swim scholarship. 

Worst of all: Last spring break in Jamaica, they did something unforgivable. The girls are desperate to forget that fateful night, but they should know better than anyone that all secrets wash ashore... eventually.

Why?: I read the first eight Pretty Little Liars books and enjoyed them, and I also watch the TV show. So I guess it's about time I get around to reading the rest of the books that are out. When I read them, the books ended at book #8, so I'm really interested to see what's coming next for the girls and how it differs from the show.


Expectations: I'm expecting this book to be a lot like the other ones. Lots of secrets, lies, and mystery. Also quite a bit of high school drama and the girls getting themselves into situations they should know better about. And obviously lots of messages from A! 


Judging a book by its cover: I like that this cover goes back to the style of book #1-4. I also really like the color of the background and the title - I think it makes it really stand out. It's very bright! I like the way the letters from the title twist around the girl too. I would be pretty likely to pick up this book based on the cover alone.



--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment