Friday, April 20, 2012

The Power of Six


This is my last review that covers the books I read while on a boat. I will be back to writing before and after I've finished books, maybe during. We will have to see.



Title: The Power of Six
Author: Pittacus Lore
Year Published: 2011

I Am Number Four was an okay novel. I liked it enough, but comparing it to many of the books I read recently, I don't think it is up to par. The Power of Six made up for the first installment. I enjoyed the story that was not about Four. I liked the newly introduced Loriens. Seven's story in the nunnery was very interesting

These novels are fun reads, but they don't have much depth. I will most definitely be purchasing and reading the third in the series, but like this book it may take me moths after purchasing it to actually sit down and read it. 

One nostalgia element that I enjoy is that this series reminds me of the Animorphs series. I read that whole series as they came out. The aliens are similar and the base we see at the end of this book reminded me of the Yeerk Pool.

Overall, this series has been a fun read, even if it doesn't rip at my emotions. I give this novel a 3/5.

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment