Friday, June 28, 2013

TMNT: Secret History of the Foot Clan - Paul's REVIEW

***I was provided an ecopy of this graphic novel by Diamond Book Distributors via NetGalley in exchange for a fair review***

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secret History of the Foot Clan
Author:  Mateus Santolouco
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: Demons, ninjas, and hostile takeovers-what more can you expect from a TMNT comic? The first installment of this new miniseries reveals a history never told before about the original founder of the Foot. Join the Turtles as they get a history lesson that they will never forget!

Review: If you have ever wanted to learn the history of The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's Shredder's infamous Foot Clan, you finally can! About half of this graphic novel is shown in flashback form. The rivalries and battles of Feudal Japan are captivating. This is definitely a graphic novel full of action. There were many pages I found myself skipping ahead without reading the speech bubbles because I was so caught up in the action. 


If you are familiar with TMNT, they are many references you will get (Probably more than I did). The art style isn't too cartoony. I feel like it blends the original comic's grittiness with the most popular 80's cartoon. I did find the Turtles' masks strange. Not only were they different colors, but shapes as well.  

Although I found it a fun read, I found it difficult to remember all the characters and their names in Feudal Japan. And, the action scenes took over the book. I give this graphic novel a 3/5. I suggest it to any TMNT superfan out there!



-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment