Monday, July 22, 2013

The Tailor (Grisha #1.5) by Leigh Bardugo - Ashley's Review

Goodreads | Scribd

Title: The Tailor
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Year Published: 2013

Synopsis: New scene from Shadow and Bone told from Genya's point of view.
-------------------------

Review: This new scene is very short (18 pages), so there's not too much to review for it. I pretty much love anything by Leigh Bardugo, so it's not really a surprise that this story (even though it is pretty short) is great. 

I've been interested in learning more about Genya since we meet her in Shadow and Bone, and I was so excited to learn about this scene. I feel like we don't get a really god explanation of her background or motives in Shadow and Bone, and this story really provides more details about her life that help us better understand who she is and why she does what she does. 

We also get to learn a little bit more about the Darkling (I can't help but love him), and about what happens to Alina's letters to Mal. I think all of the information that we gain in this very brief scene really help to expand some characters we don't know much about, and that in turn helps readers understand the more major players.

I would totally recommend this to anyone who is a fan of the Grisha series. Plus, it's free! So you don't have much to lose at all. It's totally worth it. 4/5 from me, only because I wish it was longer! 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment