Friday, December 20, 2013

Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings #4) by Jackson Pearce - Paul's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Cold Spell (Fairytale Retellings #4)
Author: Jackson Pearce
Year Published: 2013

My Fathomless REVIEW
My Sweetly REVIEW
My Sisters Red REVIEW

Ashley's Cold Spell REVIEW
Ashley's Fathomless REVIEW
Ashley's Sweetly REVIEW
Ashley's Sisters Red REVIEW

Synopsis: Kai and Ginny grew up together–best friends since they could toddle around their building’s rooftop rose garden. Now they’re seventeen, and their relationship has developed into something sweeter, complete with stolen kisses and plans to someday run away together.

But one night, Kai disappears with a mysterious stranger named Mora–a beautiful girl with a dark past and a heart of ice. Refusing to be cast aside, Ginny goes after them and is thrust into a world she never imagined, one filled with monsters and thieves and the idea that love is not enough.

If Ginny and Kai survive the journey, will she still be the girl he loved–and moreover, will she still be the girl who loved him?

Why?: Pearce does a wonderful job of retelling classic stories in new and interesting ways. I've enjoyed all of her books that I've read and I think they've improved. So, I'm really excited for this one. I just read the original Snow Queen story so I'm excited to see how Pearce twists the tale.

Expectations: I'm expecting subtle references to her prior Fairy Tale Retellings. I'm also expecting an interesting take on the Snow Queen story in modern times. 

Judging a book by its cover: I like the cover with the broken mirror, but I wish it had a cover to match my Sisters Red and Sweetly books. I really liked the style of those covers. 


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment