Thursday, January 29, 2015

Fairest: Levana's Story (The Lunar Chronicles #0.1) by Marissa Meyer - Paul's Pre-reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Fairest: 
Levana's Story
Author: Marissa Meyer
Recent Release Date: January 27, 2015

My Cress (#3) Review
My The Little Android (#2.5) Review
My Scarlet (#2) Review
My The Queen's Army (#1.5) Review
My Cinder (#1) Review

Ashley's Cress (#3) Review
Ashley's The Little Android (#2.5) Review
Ashley's Scarlet (#2) Review
Ashley's The Queen's Army (#1.5) Review
Ashley's Cinder (#1) Review



Synopsis: In this stunning bridge book between Cress and Winter in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles, Queen Levana’s story is finally told.

Mirror, mirror on the wall,
Who is the fairest of them all?

Fans of the Lunar Chronicles know Queen Levana as a ruler who uses her “glamour” to gain power. But long before she crossed paths with Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana lived a very different story – a story that has never been told . . . until now. 

Marissa Meyer spins yet another unforgettable tale about love and war, deceit and death. This extraordinary book includes full-color art and an excerpt from Winter, the next book in the Lunar Chronicles series. 



------------------------------------------------------------

Why?: I have ABSOLUTELY LOVED every book in The Lunar Chronicles! An ensemble sci-fi YA series based on fairytales! There is nothing about that I dislike. This book follows Queen Levana. I'm super excited to discover her origin. Even though she is super villainous, I'm sure by the end of this book I'll be at least somewhat sympathetic. I think this will really contribute to the emotions of the last book Winter. 


Expectations:   I'm expecting a tragic origin story that lead Levana to who she is in the rest of The Lunar Chronicles. I'm sure I'll see Levana become more villainous from the events in this book. 


Judging a book by its cover: I love this cover. It is perfect. The inside flap is also perfect. 



--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment