Sunday, August 25, 2013

The Elite (The Selection #2) by Kiera Cass - Paul's REVIEW

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Elite (The Selection #2)
Authors:  Kiera Cass
Year Published: 2013

My THE ELITE Pre Reading
My THE PRINCE Review
Ashley's THE PRINCE Review
My THE SELECTION Review
Ashley's THE SELECTION Review

Synopsis: Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Review: This sequel does not disappoint. It has all the intrigue, romance, and fun of the first book. America has made her way to the Elite and boy am I thankful. There are less girls still competing, so we get to know each of them pretty well. Some we learn to hate more. Others made me wonder if America really was right for Prince Maxon. 


The love triangle is still an integral part of the story. I think I am Team Maxon, but there were points in this novel when I was Team No One. Maxon did some pretty extreme things in this novel, but by the end I understood. America on the other hand was a little annoying. She never thinks before she does. I liked her ideas behind a lot of things, but she never thought about what would come next. 

As well as getting to know the other potential princesses more, we get to learn more about the King and Queen. Queen Amberly is a likable character. I want to know more about her life before and during her Selection. America's father also intrigues me. Cass did an excellent job at revealing more in this sequel, while still making me want more. The small bits about the history of this interesting world left me wanting more! I loved the part about Halloween, And the rebels really interest me, as well. More!

Overall, this was a really fun read. It's nothing mind bending, but it is definitely entertaining. This sequel provided answers to some of my questions from the first book, but even more it made me want MORE! I am so ready for the third book in this trilogy. I'm going to make sure I read all the short stories, too! I give The Elite a 4/5.

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment