Monday, February 3, 2014

Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Year Published: 2014

My The Little Android (#2.5) Review
My Scarlet (#2) Pre-Reading
My Scarlet (#2) Review
My The Queen's Army (#1.5) Review
My Cinder (#1) Pre-Reading
My Cinder (#1) Review

Paul's Scarlet (#2) Pre-Reading
Paul's Scarlet (#2) Review
Paul's The Queen's Army (#1.5) Review
Paul's Cinder (#1) Pre-Reading
Paul's Cinder (#1) Review

Synopsis: 
Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard. 


In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.


Why?: I read and absolutely loved Cinder and Scarlet and have been waiting (incredibly impatiently) for this next installment. I want to know how the story continues for Cinder and Scarlet, I want to know how Cress will be involved, I want to know more about Levana, and I just have so many other questions that I am looking forward to having answered!

Expectations: If this were any other series, I would say that my expectations are probably unrealistically high for this book. But, since Marissa Meyer has proven that she does, in fact, know what she is doing, I feel like my ridiculously high expectations are probably justified. I want so much out of this book and this series!

Judging a book by its cover: I really like this cover... a lot. I love how it matches the rest of the series, and I love how it showcases Cress' most recognizable trait. I also love the colors and how the title looks and I'm just really excited to finally have this book on my shelves. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment