Sunday, May 25, 2014

The One (The Selection #3) by Kiera Cass - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The One (The Selection #3)
Author: Kiera Cass
Year Published: 2014

My The Guard (#2.5) Review
My The Elite (#2) Review
My The Selection (#1) Review
My The Prince (#0.5) Review

Paul's The Guard (#2.5) Review
Paul's The Elite (#2) Review
Paul's The Selection (#1) Review
Paul's The Prince (#0.5) Review

Synopsis: The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

From the very first page of The Selection, this #1 New York Times bestselling series has captured readers' hearts and swept them away on a captivating journey... Now, in The One, Kiera Cass delivers a satisfying and unforgettable conclusion that will keep readers sighing over this electrifying fairy-tale long after the final page is turned.

Why?: I really enjoyed the first two books in this series (as well as the novellas), so I've been (not-so) patiently waiting for this book for a while! Mostly I just really want to know if America picks Maxon (Team Maxon all the way!). 

Expectations: I definitely think this book will be darker than the previous two - since the threats outside are growing more vicious. I'm actually looking forward to that, because I think this series has been a lot lighter than I initially though. I'm also expecting America to have to make some hard choices. Overall, I just have really high expectations for The One because I enjoyed the other books so much! 

Judging a book by its cover: I love this cover. I love that she's in white (is it a wedding dress?!), and I love how it matches the other two covers. This cover is gorgeous, and it would totally stand out on a shelf. I'm really excited to finally have it on my shelves!


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment