Saturday, September 29, 2018

Sightwitch (The Witchlands #0.5) by Susan Dennard - Paul's REVIEW


Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Sightwitch (The Witchlands #0.5)

Author: Susan Dennard
Recent Release Date: February 13, 2018

My REVIEW of Truthwitch
My REVIEW of Windwitch
My REVIEW of the Sightwitch Excerpt

Synopsis: Before Safi and Iseult battled a Bloodwitch...

Before Merik returned from the dead…

Ryber Fortiza was a Sightwitch Sister at a secluded convent, waiting to be called by her goddess into the depths of the mountain. There she would receive the gift of foretelling. But when that call never comes, Ryber finds herself the only Sister without the Sight.

Years pass and Ryber’s misfit pain becomes a dull ache, until one day, Sisters who already possess the Sight are summoned into the mountain, never to return. Soon enough, Ryber is the only Sister left. Now, it is up to her to save her Sisters, though she does not have the Sight—and though she does not know what might await her inside the mountain.

On her journey underground, she encounters a young captain named Kullen Ikray, who has no memory of who he is or how he got there. Together, the two journey ever deeper in search of answers, their road filled with horrors, and what they find at the end of that road will alter the fate of the Witchlands forever.




------------------------------------------------------------

Review: I totally forgot to write this review. I wrote a review of the advanced excerpt of Sightwitch, but forgot to write a review after I finished the whole novella once it came out in February, which I had pre-ordered of course. So, this review isn't going to have a lot of details. 


I really enjoyed the format of this novella. The story is told in letters, diary entries, text book excerpts, and drawings. The world of the Witchlands is so expansive. I will read anything that gives me another glimpse into that world.

I give this novella a 5/5. You should definitely read it if you have enjoyed the books in the main series. And if you haven't read Truthwitch, go buy it right now!


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment