Friday, October 11, 2019

Robots vs. Princesses Volume 1 (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Dynamite Entertainment via Edelweiss. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: 
Robots vs. Princesses Volume 1
Author: Todd Matthy
Artist: Nicolas Chapuis
Upcoming Release Date: October 15, 2019


Synopsis: When plucky Princess Zara stumbles upon the Decimator defector Wheeler, she sets in motion events that will pit the spritely cleverness of fairy tale princesses against the raw power of giant robots!
The dream match you never thought you'd see begins here.




------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This book is bizarre. Robots versus princesses? It's ridiculous, but also a lot of fun. The story starts with a princess not prepared for her recitial. She needs a song and an animal. She decides to go into the forbidden forest in search of a dragon. In that forest, which is full of robots, is a robot who doesn't want to fight and decides to leave the forest for a better life. The two find eachother and begin a new era in which both worlds learn of the other's existence. 


This is a really fun concept, but it fell flat on me. I think I would prefer it in a different media format. A movie or tv show would fit this story better, I think. Especially with how many songs are sung. I give this book a 2.5/5. I wanted a deeper take on this and more unique and different character designs for the humans. 


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment