Sunday, December 22, 2019

Elma, a bear's life - Volume 1 - The Great Journey (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Europe Comics via NetGalley. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

Amazon | Goodreads

Title: 
Elma, a bear's life - Volume 1 - The Great Journey
Author: Ingrid Chabbert 
Illustrator: Léa Mazé
Release Date: June 12, 2019


Synopsis: Elma is a joyful, free-spirited child who is being raised by a bear she thinks of as her father. But Papa Bear is hiding a secret, and the close-knit duo must make a long and perilous journey to begin a mysterious new life beyond the forest. Adventure and danger are in store as they discover the linked secrets of Elma's past and future.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This graphic novel is about a talking bear raising a child. There' not much that happens in this first volume other than getting to know the characters. The "seven years are up" and something is changing for Elma. This volume does not have a resolved ending, but I wasn't engaged enough by this story to want to read onto the next volume. I have some lingering questions, but I just wanted more story in this volume. This graphic novel is cute and simple. I give this book a 2/5



--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment