Friday, December 13, 2019

Worlds Unseen (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Europe Comics via NetGalley. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

AmazonGoodreads

Title: 
Worlds Unseen
Author: Georges Abolin
Illustrator: Olivier Pont
Release Date: September 18, 2019


Synopsis: 906. William is ten years old when his family leaves London for Barellito, a small Italian fishing village. The quiet of the village will not last long, however, thanks to the ripples created by the arrival of William and his family. His own life, too, is about to be upturned, in this remarkable and wondrous new land where he will find new southern landscapes, a new kind of liberty, and above all new friends: Paolo, Nino, and the charming Lisa, united forever by an extraordinary event and a strange object…



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This graphic novel had a lot of interesting concepts, but I found it just boring. I never got into this story. I had difficulties figuring out the perspective. The book starts out in 1902 in Italy. Then it jumps forward four years. There's a young boy in a new city. A mysterious girl his ageA group of kids all born on the same day. They get high one night together...I think. There's some nudity and sex scenes. There was just a lot of different things happening, but still I was bored. 


I was very unsure who the audience for this book is supposed to be. It seems to be from the perspective of a child, but there's some adult material. 

The artwork was off-putting for me. There are some unusual facial expressions drawn that I was not able to interpret. 

Overall, some interesting ideas. But, I was bored. I give this book a 2/5.  


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment