Monday, September 14, 2020

Liebestrasse (comic) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*

Liebestrasse by Greg LockardAmazon | Goodreads

Title: 
Liebestrasse
Author: Greg Lockard
Artists: Tim Fish & Hector Barros
Upcoming Release Date: September 17, 2020


Synopsis: A 16-page mini-comic debuting at Thought Bubble 2018 in Leeds, UK, in full-color with line art by Tim Fish, color art by Héctor Barros and a script by Greg Lockard.

A short story about Sam, an American banker, meeting Philip, a German journalist, while living and working in Berlin during the 1930s. It’s the final years of the Weimar Republic and their sweet, bilingual romance is quickly hit with an unspeakable reality.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This is a very short comic. It takes place in Berlin from 1935 to 1952. The timeline wasn't too obvious for me, so I was a little confused as I read this book. Like I said, it is VERY short. And quite dark.

I wish this book was longer. The characters didn't feel like they had personalities. I understand this is a short comic, but I feel like this medium could have been utilized better. I give this book a 3/5.


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment