Friday, September 11, 2020

Olive 1. BY THE LIGHT OF A BLUE MOON (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

 *I received this book as an eARC from Europe Comics via NetGalley. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*


Une lune bleue dans la têteAmazon | Goodreads

Title: 
Olive: 1. BY THE LIGHT OF A BLUE MOON
Author: Cazot Vero 
Illustrator: Mazel Lucy
Release Date: July 15, 2020


Synopsis: Olive, age 17, has a rich and vivid inner life. She has created an imaginary world that she's able to visit whenever she chooses. But her daily life on earth is shaken up by the arrival of a new roommate at boarding school, who won't leave Olive alone. And even more upsetting: a mysterious spaceman makes a surprise appearance in her imaginary world! A coming-of-age story that will take Olive far from her comfort zone, as she discovers unsuspected sides of herself and the world around her.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This graphic novel features an autistic main character with a whole world in her head. I love the concept. It initially reminded me of "Otherbound" by Corinne Duyvis. 

This book is a very interesting idea, but I was quite confused at first. The story just did not flow for me. I give this book a 2/5


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment