Monday, November 2, 2020

Last Dance (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

 *I received this book as an eARC from Iron Circus Comics via Edelweiss. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*


Last Dance: Schroy, Hanna: 9781945820724: Amazon.com: BooksAmazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Last Dance

Author: Hanna Schroy
Upcoming Release Date: November 3, 2020


Synopsis: “For years I’ve watched ballerinas from this room. I want what you want. I wish to join them.”

Miriam has trained her whole life to fulfill her dreams and it’s finally paid off now that she’s the prima ballerina of the Lulli Dance Company, but she’s been keeping a secret from them. The years of sprains, fractures, and bruises have been taking their toll, and a catastrophic ankle injury now means one terrible thing: she has to give it all up forever. Distraught beyond consolation, Miriam runs from the studio and discovers a secret room she’s never seen before. Inside she finds a pair of gleaming white and gold slippers, and a mysterious voice whispering to her in the dark. If she tries on the slippers, it says, she’ll regain the strength to raise en pointe. It speaks the truth! Soon, Miriam is back, but each achievement on her journey back means more negotiation with the spirit who claims it wants just one harmless thing in return . . . to join the ballerinas and dance, just like her.



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This graphic novel follows a Dance Company as they experience some paranormal things. Unfortunately, I didn't really connect to this story. It took a while for the story to get started. I wanted more emotions earlier. It took awhile to get to the interesting parts. 

The dialogue is stilted and unnatural. The artwork is blocky and pretty basic when it comes to the color scheme, but it works for the story. 

I give this book a 2/5. It didn't connect with me. If you have experienced the drama of prima ballerinas in a Dance Company, you may enjoy this story more than I did. 


--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment