Tuesday, November 24, 2020

The Ludocrats (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Image Comics via Edelweiss. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*



Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Ludocrats

Author: Kieron Gillen & Jim Rossignol 
Artists: Jeff Stokely & Tamra Bonvillain
Release Date: November 24, 2020


Synopsis: The Ludocrats! The aristocrats of ludicrous! Defending reality from the encroaching forces of boredom while having a nice time. KIERON GILLEN (DIE, THE WICKED + THE DIVINE) and JIM ROSSIGNOL (Sir, You Are Being Hunted) write! JEFF STOKELY (The Spire) draws! TAMRA BONVILLAIN (Once & Future) colors! CLAYTON COWLES (Every excellent comic) letters! The universe screams in pleasure, writhing, finally satisfied, complete, joyous!

COLLECTS ISSUES #1-5 OF THE LUDOCRATS



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This comic is out there. The most basic premise is a group of aristocrats who are valued for their ridiculousness, I think. The humor is all over the place, but I think that's the point. I understand what the creators are trying to do with this comic, but it is just not my thing. I couldn't really focus on the story. My interest didn't hold. This is an adult book; there is nudity. I give this graphic novel a 2/5. The art is colorful and lively, but the story is confusing and random (not in a good way). 



--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment