Monday, November 23, 2020

The Secret Voice: Volume 1 (graphic novel) - Paul's REVIEW

*I received this book as an eARC from Floating World Comics via Edelweiss. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*



Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Secret Voice: Volume 1

Author: Zack Soto
Release Date: April 2, 2019


Synopsis: Doctor Galapagos, famed warrior-monk and agent of the ineffable Red College, is on a desperate mission to unite the realms of magic and man in a last-ditch effort to stop the seemingly invincible forces of the Smog Emperor. But the good Doctor carries a secret: He is one of the few to have faced the dreaded Grey Creep and survived–but at a terrible cost. An unseen and unknown psychic menace eats away at his very soul and threatens to jeopardize his mission... and the world itself. Can the Red College turn the tide? Can Doctor Galapagos stay true to himself, hold on to his love, and defeat the Smog Emperor all at once? 



------------------------------------------------------------

Review: This book has really interesting artwork. It's sketchy with mostly yellows and maroons. This is a trippy fantasy. Honestly, it didn't really keep my attention. I found myself flipping through the pages, not really sure if I was following the story. I give this book a 2/5. It just didn't connect with me.



--PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment