Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Everneath



I finished this book last week, maybe a wee bit into March. But, I'm at least two behind on Ashley's picks, so the month thing is just going by for me. Thankfully I heard that I will be working again and may be on a boat for three weeks, sleeping there and all. This will give me plenty of time to read and potentially catch up all the way. A Million Suns should arrive in the mail today and that will be my March pick. I started Jane Lynch's biography Happy Accidents this weekend. It may be put aside for now when A Million Suns arrives. 

Now onto Everneath!


I enjoyed this book. I started it directly after Cinder, so my reading expectations were still pretty high. Although I enjoyed Cinder more, this was also a nice story. It took me a bit of time to get into it. I liked the way Ashton played with revealing the past and present at the same time. I thought there was too much of a build-up on the reason the two leads were no longer together. The mythos of the book was intriguing. I like the idea of all "Underworld" myths centering around this place that is not the Afterworld, but has many aspects of it. It is interesting how the Everliving live for 100 years at a time between feedings. I hope they play with their pasts in the sequels.

Overall, I enjoyed this book. I'm sure I will read the sequel when Ashley gets it. I give this book a 3.5/5.

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment