Thursday, March 29, 2012

"Wizard's first rule: people are stupid."

Guys, it's finally happened.

I finished Wizard's First Rule! And in case you forgot what I said before I started reading it... in August... 

My Pre-Reading




Although it did take me a while to read, I really enjoyed this book. I thought it was a nice beginning to the series, and it introduced all (or most) of the characters well. While some of them grow and develop over the course of the novel, some don't really. But it's ok, because they have 12 more books or something like that in which to grow! You can't have everybody figure their lives out all at once.

While some high fantasy novels have 1000 characters and it's impossible to keep them all straight, I felt like Goodkind did an excellent job of keeping the story interesting and engaging with a minimal number of characters. The bloodlines aren't all over the place and intertwined and confusing, and the main characters at the beginning are the main characters at the ending. 

Having watching The Legend of the Seeker TV show, it was really interesting to see how the book differed. Although there were some differences, I definitely enjoyed both by themselves and even together. 

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who likes high fantasty or enjoyed The Legend of the Seeker. I can't wait to read more about Richard, Kahlan, Zedd, and everyone else in the rest of the series! 

I'd give this book a 4/5.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment