Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Million Suns Review

I just finished this book hours ago. I've been reading a few chapters a night since around March 10 but, the past two nights I read at least 50 pages per night. 






SPOILERS!!!


After the big reveal involving the planet, I could not put this book down. I literally read each night until I was falling asleep with the book still in my hands. The characters picked up right from where they left off. Unlike some sequels, the reader was still able to learn more about the characters as they experienced new situations. I enjoyed seeing growth in characters that I already knew. The point of view is done masterfully. My problem with putting down the book each night was that if I just read an Elder chapter, I would want to see what Amy was up to. 


The mystery hunt for Orion's clues was captivating. Even though he was cryogenicly frozen, he was ever present in the novel. Just as the Luthor scene in the first novel gave me goosebumps, the character continued to unnerve me. Victria's character was also very interesting. She was very complex and involved with so many different characters. 


I did predict that the were already at the planet, but the reveal was done very well. I also had my suspicions about Doc leaving the "Follow the Leader" deaths.


I am so stoked for the sequel! It seems like all three of these books will be unique and different. I am looking forward to see what the monsters are. I also am anxious to meet Amy's parents, as well as all the other Frozens. Will they take over the leadership completely? How does a group of people colonize a planet? I also am intrigued by those left behind on Godspeed. I hope we learn their fate. Maybe Bartie will be a narrator in a future book. If not, maybe a novella?


I give this book a 4/5. If you enjoyed Across the Universe, you will definitely not be disappointed!


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment