Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pandemonium


I still have not left for work, but it is suppose to happen soon. I will be on a boat for three to four weeks and I will have plenty of time to read. I may get behind on posting here, but once I am back I will catch up on all the books I will have read.


Is anyone else super excited for the HUNGER GAMES movie tonight?!? I am totally going to the midnight showing!


Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Year Published: 2012

Synopsis:   After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again. 


Why?: This is Ashley's March pick and it is also a sequel to Ashley's first pick for this blog. I really enjoyed Delirium and am very excited to see where this sequel will take us.


Expectations: I really enjoyed Delirium. In my long-winded post on it, I write of my hope for Alex's death to be finite. I also wonder of the world outside the city. I think both of these will be answered. 


Judging a book by its cover: The cover has very fall and earthy colors. The flower looks exotic. I am so thankful that the inside cover of this book does not have a creepy girl's face!


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment