Monday, August 20, 2012

Paul's Paranormalcy Pre Reading

I received Endlessly from epicreads right before it came out. I hadn't read the first two installments in the trilogy, but thought the books sounded really interesting. I got Paranormalcy when it was really cheap for kindle. 


Title: Paranormalcy
Author: Kiersten White
Year Published: 2010

Synopsis: Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.

Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.


Why?: I received Endlessly, so I am going to gradually read through the trilogy until I get to the final installment. 

Expectations: I haven't read much urban fantasy so I don't know what to expect. I have heard the protagonist isn't a typical emo chick, but a preppy pink-loving teen instead. I expect a lot of paranormal things happening in the modern world.

Judging a book by its cover: This cover is not typically something I would pick up. It looks a little too paranormal romancey for me. 


-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment