Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gone

Ok, one last post for now. While I'm still on a roll. 



Title: Gone
Author: Lisa McMann
Year Published: 2010

Synopsis: 
Janie thought she knew what her future held. And she thought she'd made her peace with it. But she can't handle dragging Cabel down with her. 


She knows he will stay with her, despite what she sees in his dreams.
He's amazing. 

And she's a train wreck. 

Janie sees only one way to give him the life he deserves--she has to disappear. 

And it's going to kill them both.

Then a stranger enters her life--and everything unravels. The future Janie once faced now has an ominous twist, and her choices are more dire than she'd ever thought possible. She alone must decide between the lesser of two evils.

And time is running out...

Why?: Basically, the same as Wake and Fade. I was in Books-A-Million with my mom and I was looking through all the books on clearance (since I'm so cheap I don't like to pay full price for anything) and kept coming across this book and its sequels. It sounded like a very interesting concept, and even though I'm really over the whole trilogy thing, the books were fairly short and I figured it wouldn't take me very long to get through them. I originally intended on the whole series being supplemental reading, but decided to just make the first one my "book of the month" so that Paul would have to read it as well. I wanted to read this one because I enjoyed the first two so much.

Expectations: I really enjoyed Wake and Fade, so I have pretty high expectations for this one. Even more of Janie dealing with the repercussions of being a dream catcher, trying to be a secret agent, and trying to maintain a secret relationship with Caleb. Oh, and let's throw a wrench into the pile and introduce someone who is going to turn her world upside down. I feel like everything she knows about being a dream catcher is about to explode on her, and she'll learn more than she ever wanted to know. Kind of a lot to deal with in one book, but I feel like McMann is more than capable of handling it well.

Judging a book by its cover: Again, pretty much the same as with Wake and Fade: the cover is pretty simple - lots of black with the title and a chair as the only color on the whole cover. I have no idea how the chair will relate to the book, but we'll see.


It's so much quicker to write these when they're so similar to other posts. Thank you, copy/paste.

--Ashley


No comments:

Post a Comment