Thursday, September 29, 2011

Month of McMann: WAKE

Lisa McMann is apparently the author of the month here at The AP Book Club.


Ashley's Pre Reading




Title: Wake
Author: Lisa McMann
Year Published: 2008

Synopsis: Not all dreams are sweet. For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime. She can't tell anybody about what she does -- they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can't control. Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant....

Why?: Ashley chose this trilogy at random and she seems to have liked it from what I've heard.

Expectations: I enjoyed Lisa McMann's The Unwanted so I think this will be a good concept. I hope it plays out well. Ashley has warned me about an unusual writing style to deal with the dreams. I am intrigued and anxious to start reading, especially since September ends at midnight Friday night.

Judging a book by its cover: I like the cover. The title really pops as does the pillow. 

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment