Saturday, June 14, 2014

Seven Forges (Seven Forges #1) by James A. Moore - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Seven Forges (Seven Forges #1)
Author: James A. Moore
Year Published: 2013

Paul's Review


Synopsis: Captain Merros Dulver is the first in many lifetimes to find a path beyond the great mountains known as the Seven Forges and encounter, at last, the half-forgotten race who live there. And it would appear that they were expecting him. As he returns home, bringing an entourage of strangers with him, he starts to wonder whether his discovery has been such a good thing. For the gods of this lost race are the gods of war, and their memories of that far-off cataclysm have not faded.

The people of Fellein have live with legends for many centuries. To their far north, the Blasted Lands, a legacy of an ancient time of cataclysm, are vast, desolate and impassable, but that doesn't stop the occasional expedition into their fringes in search of any trace of the ancients who had once lived there... and oft-rumored riches.

Why?: I am always down for a good fantasy, and this one sounds really exciting! Paul enjoyed it (he read it as an eARC a while back), but I had so many other books on my TBR list that I just didn't have a chance to read it. Now, with The Blasted Lands coming out later this month, I made time for it. 

Expectations: I expect quite a bit of world building, since this is a fantasy novel. Probably a lot of characters as well. I'm not really sure what to expect past that though, as I've never read any of James Moore's other books. I'm excited to start a new adventure!

Judging a book by its cover: I think the blue on this cover really makes it stand out. Most fantasy books that I've read have very dark covers, and I like the contrast of the blue to the ark uniform. I also like that you can't really tell what the man is supposed to look like. I think it adds a bit of mystery to the character. If I saw this on a shelf, I would probably pick it up. I think it's different enough from most other fantasy books that it would catch my eye! 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment