Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor: Part One by Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor: Part One
Author: Robert Kirkman and Jay Bonansinga
Publication Date: October 8, 2013

My The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury Review
My The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury Pre-Reading
My The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor Review
My The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor Pre-Reading
My The Walking Dead: Compendium 1 Review

Synopsis: The third book in Robert Kirkman's New York Times bestselling series, The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor!


The Walking Dead original novel series, set in the universe of Robert Kirkman's iconic universe, continues with The Fall of the Governor. From co-authors Kirkman, creator of the Eisner Award-winning comic book and executive producer of AMC's blockbuster TV series, and Jay Bonansinga, Stoker Award-finalist and internationally acclaimed author, comes the gripping third novel in this richly woven, page-turning literary saga, which began with The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor.

In Rise of the Governor, uber-villain Philip Blake journeyed from his humble beginnings directly into the dark heart of the zombie apocalypse, and became the self-proclaimed leader of a small town called Woodbury. In The Road to Woodbury, an innocent traveler named Lilly Caul wound up in the terrifying thrall of Phillip Blake’s twisted, violent dictatorship within Woodbury’s ever tightening barricades.

And now, in The Fall of the Governor, the Governor’s complex story continues in a tour de force of action and horror. Iconic characters from the comic book, including Rick, Michonne and Glenn, finally make their entrance onto this nightmarish stage, and fans of The Walking Dead will see these characters in a whole new light.

Why?: I love the TV show and I love the comics, and I've enjoyed the other two books in this series, so it only makes sense to continue with The Fall of the Governor! Plus, I'm excited to see more familiar characters in a new form, and I hope that this book will give more information about them. 


Expectations: I'm expecting a story about Phillip Blake's downfall full of zombies and characters that fans of The Walking Dead already know and love. I'm also expecting to learn new things about old characters. 


Judging a book by its cover: I think this might be my favorite cover in the series so far! I like the zombies (or people? I'm not sure, which makes me like it even more) in the background, and Phillip's eye patch in the foreground. I would totally pick up this book if I saw it on a shelf! 



--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment