Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2) by Kiersten White - Ashley's Pre-Reading

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads

Title: Perfect Lies (Mind Games #2)
Author: Kiersten White
Year Published: 2014

My Mind Games Review
My Mind Games Pre-Reading

Synopsis: Annie and Fia are ready to fight back.


The sisters have been manipulated and controlled by the Keane Foundation for years, trapped in a never ending battle for survival. Now they have found allies who can help them truly escape. After faking her own death, Annie has joined a group that is plotting to destroy the Foundation. And Fia is working with James Keane to bring his father down from the inside.

But Annie's visions of the future can't show her who to trust in the present. And though James is Fia's first love, Fia knows he's hiding something. The sisters can rely only on each other - but that may not be enough to save them.

Why?: I thoroughly enjoyed Mind Games, and have been waiting to get my hands on a copy of this book to finish Annie & Fia's story. Especially after the ending of Mind Games! I have to know how things turn out, and if the sisters are enough to save each other or not!

Expectations: Since I enjoyed Mind Games so much, I have pretty high expectations for this book. I expect it to be very stream-of-consciousness and fast-paced. I also think this book will be more intense than Mind Games since it's the conclusion of Annie & Fia's story. I expect most questions to be answered although more will probably arise, and I expect relationship drama than before.

Judging a book by its cover: I really like that this cover so closely matches the one from Mind Games. The girl's face is prominent, but it's made up of other scenes that are probably important to the story. I like how her eyes and lips stand out over everything and how the title is front and center, but simple. I would be really likely to pick this book up off of the shelf in a library or bookstore. 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment