Thursday, April 26, 2012

Review of Ashley's April Book: Anna Dressed in Blood

I was up late last night finishing this book. It definitely had the creep factor. I just got Incarnate by Jodi Meadows in the mail today so I will be writing a Pre Reading for that soon.






If you have NOT read it: Anna Dressed in Blood is a nicely done Young Adult horror story. There is just enough spook factor and gore. The characters come together as friends very smoothly. The magic and supernatural aspect is done very realistically. If you enjoy horror movies and high school outsiders, you will enjoy this book.

If you HAVE read it(aka SPOILERS): I liked the world that was created by Blake. All the commonplace supernatural beings and practices are mentioned. I liked how voodoo was incorporated. I am looking forward to where Blake will take us from here. By the end of the novel, I liked Anna. She had a very interesting backstory that was revealed in a very interesting way. I hope we get to find out more about her mother and her abilities. I also hope to see more of Anna. 

I like the characters and how they came together to form a group of Ghostbusters. One thing that I expected to happen that didn't was a reveal of a romantic past between Mike and Will, the now cliche jock hiding behind a front. Too bad they're both dead now. Speaking of deaths, I miss the cat.

I feel like this could have been the first few episodes of a really interesting tv show, like an American Horror Story for a younger audience. I am looking forward to seeing where Blake takes this new group of friends. Maybe to the gates of Hell? I can't wait for Girl of Nightmares to come out!

I give this novel a 4/5.

-PAUL

No comments:

Post a Comment