Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Today, I'm going with fire."



My Pre-Reading

This book was supplemental reading, and I'm really glad I read it. The show is hilarious, and whoever they got to write Heat Wave did not disappoint. The characters in the book very much resemble those in the show, and I think that anyone who is a fan of the show will enjoy the novel.


Even those people who don't watch Castle but enjoy a good crime novel would enjoy this book, I think. 


Not too much is given away as to who the real murderer is, and I definitely didn't figure it out when Nikki Heat did. I was more with Jameson Rook on this one. I guess that's why I'm not a detective. 


I also really liked how "Castle" played with the relationship between Nikki and Jameson. I thought it was very well done - Nikki trying to pretend she doesn't have feelings for Jameson and Jameson just egging her on with his obvious feelings for her. Plus, I think it's kind of hilarious that he's figured out how to trick her even though she's an amazing detective. And the way she manipulates him is great too. 


I would probably give this novel a 4/5, for being entertaining, intriguing, and true to the show. It was an easy read, and I don't think it would take anybody very long to get through it if they were interested in reading it. I'm excited to start reading Naked Heat next to see where Nikki and Jameson go from here! 


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment