Sunday, July 8, 2012

Witch Song



Title: 
Witch Song
Author: Amber Argyle
Year Published: 2011

Synopsis: The world is changing.

Once, Witch Song controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons-but not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by a traitor. All but Brusenna. As the echo of their songs fades, the traitor grows stronger. Now she is coming for Brusenna.

Her guardian has sworn to protect her, but even he can't stop the Dark Witch. Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find the traitor. Fight her. Defeat her.

Because if Brusenna doesn't, there won't be anything left to save.

Why?: This book was free for Amazon Kindle for a little bit, and I'm always up for reading a free book. It's pretty much a win-win situation. Plus, it sounds very interesting. I'm intrigued by the idea of the seasons and nature being controlled (like in Eon: Dragoneye Reborn), and I don't think this will disappoint.

Expectations: I've never read anything by this author, and I haven't heard much about this book, but I'm expecting a nice story about an inexperienced witch taking on a powerful traitor in an effort to save the world.

Judging a book by its cover: The cover has a girl on it, and not much else. I assume that's supposed to be Brusenna, and that the story will revolve around her.


--Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment